In this policy you will read about:
- What type of information do we collect
- How we use the information we collect
- With whom we share the information collected
- How do we protect your information
- Third Party links
- For how long do we retain the information we collect
- How to contact us
- Other related information.
1. WHAT TYPE OF INFORMATION DO WE COLLECT
We collect two types of information with respect to you while you use our services:
a) Personal Information
b) Non Personal Information
a. Personal information (“Personal Information”) includes the following information that can be reasonably used to identify a person:
- KYC documents: As a precondition for performing transactions through the services, as and when provided by the Platform, you may be asked to provide certain identifying documents required by the Company as well as other information we need in order to obtain from you a proof of identity, proof of residence and proof of funds. Such documents and information may contain personal information, such as identification numbers, passport, tax registration number, etc.
- Device data: We may also collect personal information from your device, such as geolocation data, IP address, and other information which relates to your activity through the services.
- Your Mobile Contacts: While using the app you may be asked to upload your contact book. This is completely optional. But doing this will help you find more relevant people to connect with on multipie. This will also help your friends to find you on multipie.
SENSITIVE PERSONAL DATA:
Personal information includes sensitive personal data like password; financial information such as Bank account or credit card or debit card other payment instrument details; (“Sensitive Personal Data”).
The company will never ask you and you must never provide sensitive personal data or information to the company or to any person/entity representing the company. Any disclosure of sensitive personal data or information shall be at your sole risk and without any liability to the company (including its directors, key managerial personnel, officers and employees).
We may have access to sensitive personal data with respect to its users in the form of their financial investments etc.
Users must note that any information that is freely available or accessible in public domain shall not be regarded as Personal Information or Sensitive Personal Data and the Company shall not be obliged to take any measures to protect the same since the same is freely available in the public domain.
Further, the company shall not in any manner be responsible for the authenticity of the Personal Information or Sensitive Personal Data or information provided by you to the company.
b. Non-personal information (“Non Personal Information”) includes the following information, sources of which remains unidentified:
- Technical Information: This includes certain software and hardware information like the type of browser and operating system your device uses, language preference, access time and the domain name from which you linked to the services; etc.
- Analytics Information: We collect information about your use of the services, such as applications' usage, log files, user activity like pages viewed, the amount of time spent on particular pages, online browsing, clicks, actions for troubleshooting errors and bugs as well as for research and analytics purposes about your use of the services.
- Statistics: We may collect and share with other traders non- personal information which may include your basic statistics, the percentage of correct predictions you make in your trading history, most profitable asset, the best streak you ever had, etc.
If we combine Personal Information and Non Personal Information, the combined information will be treated as Personal Information for as long as this information remains combined.
In compliance with Regulation 5 of the Information Technology (Reasonable Security and Procedures and Sensitive Personal Data or Information) Rules, 2011, we shall provide you with a readable copy of the personal information you have provided us, as and when requested.
If you wish to have the information that you have provided to us deleted from our records, you can always do so by sending a request to us on the e-mail id. You may note that correction or deletion of certain information or data may lead to cancellation of your registration with the App or your access to certain features of the App.
2. HOW WE USE THE INFORMATION WE COLLECT
The information so provided by you to Multipie or otherwise captured by Multipie may be used for a number of purposes which may include the following:
- To personalize your experience: your information helps us to better respond to your individual needs.
- To improve our App: we continually strive to improve our site offerings based on the information and feedback we receive from you.
- To improve user service: your information helps us to more effectively respond to your service requests and support needs.
- To send periodic emails: the email address you provide may be used to send you information, latest contents, new offers, notifications that you request about changes to topics or in response to your user name, respond to inquiries, and/or other requests or questions.
- Marketing: For sending you surveys and marketing information of our application
- For conducting internal reviews and data analysis for the services
- Responding to judicial process and providing information to law enforcement agencies or in connection with investigation on matters related to public safety, as permitted by law.
A push notification is a message from an app that pops up at random times on the device on which the App has been downloaded.
We shall be sending you push notifications in form of mobile alerts and text messages, and pop up regardless of whether you are actually within the App at the time or not. These are intended to enhance your experience while using the services of the App.
If you do not wish to receive push notifications you may opt out by going to in app option “Settings” and clicking on “Notifications” and then changing it to “Disallow”.
3. WITH WHOM WE SHARE THE INFORMATION COLLECTED
We do not share any of your information with third parties except: (i) with respect to providing the information or services that you have requested earlier, (ii) or with your express permission for sharing such information, or (iii) with intermediaries/applications who require such information as per regulatory requirements and procedure laid down by SEBI/Exchanges within such timelines as may be stipulated.
In addition, your Personal Information including Sensitive Personal Data may be disclosed to other trusted third party service providers or partners for the purpose of: (i) authenticating your identity and verifying your account details; (ii) storing or processing Personal Information on our behalf; (iii) assisting us with our business operations, providing our services and improving it; (iv) performing research, technical diagnostics and analytics with regard to the services; and (v) communicating promotional and informational materials to you.
We may disclose Personal Information, or any information you submitted on the App if we have a good faith belief that disclosure of such information is helpful or reasonably necessary to: (i) comply with any applicable law, regulation, legal process or governmental request; (ii) enforce our policies (including our Agreement), including investigations of potential violations thereof; (iii) investigate, detect, prevent, or take action regarding illegal activities or other wrongdoing, suspected fraud or security issues; (iv) to establish or exercise our rights to defend against legal claims; (v) prevent harm to the rights, property or safety of us, our users, yourself or any third party; or (vi) for the purpose of collaborating with law.
4. HOW DO WE PROTECT YOUR INFORMATION?
We use Secure Socket Layer (SSL) encryption technology to protect the information that you submit. This technology protects Users from having their information intercepted by anyone other than Multipie during transmission. We work hard to ensure that our websites are secure and that they meet industry standards.
We also use additional safeguards like firewalls, authentication systems (e.g., passwords and personal identification numbers) and access control mechanisms to control unauthorized access to your account and to maintain the safety of your Personal Information when you enter, submit, or access your Personal Information but we cannot and do not assure that these measures will be sufficient to protect against all efforts to gain unauthorized access to the information.
We will make any legally-required disclosures of any breach of the security, confidentiality, or integrity of your stored personal data to you via email.
5. THIRD PARTY LINKS
6. YOUR RIGHTS REGARDING THE USE OF YOUR INFORMATION
The App gives the User right to choose the privacy setting of his account. By going to the “Settings” section of the App and clicking on “privacy” option, you get to choose who can see your posts on the App.
You shall, at all times, have an option to change your privacy settings to ensure that the information shared by you become unavailable to other Users.
You have the right at any time to prevent us from contacting you for marketing purposes. If and when we send a promotional communication to you, you may opt out of further promotional communications by following the Unsubscribe instructions provided in each promotional email. You can also indicate that you do not wish to receive marketing communications from us in the opt-out page, i.e. “Settings” section of the App.
7. DATA RETENTION POLICY
We will make a good faith effort to retain your information for as long as your account is active or as needed by us to provide you services. We will retain and use your information as necessary to comply with our legal obligations, resolve disputes, and enforce our agreements.
Retain server logs containing the IP address of all requests to this server.
Retain the IP addresses associated with registered users and their posts.
10. DELETING YOUR ACCOUNT
You may delete your account registered on our App at any time using our in-app “delete my account” feature. When you delete your account, your undelivered messages are deleted from our servers as well as any of your other information we no longer need to operate and provide our services.
Please remember that when you delete your account, it does not affect the information other users have relating to you, such as their copy of the messages you sent them.
11. CONTACT US
To request access to personal data relating to you which is processed by us, and/or if you have any questions about the handling of personal information, please send an email to [email protected].
In case you would like to modify / delete any details with respect to your Personal Information / Non Personal Information, or to access your information in readable format, you would have to write to [email protected]